How To Contour Your Nose
Updated: Oct 18, 2018
Contouring your nose can change the whole look of your face. I want you to be able to do it for yourself and not make it look like Bert and Ernie. That would be bad! LOL!! #contouryournose #makeuptips #howtocontouryournose
“There is no real beauty without some slight imperfection".
- James Salter -
But its always nice to improve those imperfections.
My nose has never been a favorite part of my face. It's long, wide, and I have very deep-set eyes, so I have lines under them. When contouring became a thing, and when I mastered my nose, I was amazed at how makeup could change the feature that bugged me the most. Happy dance!!! I know you might be rolling your eyes but I bet you have something about yourself that you don't like, either.
Biggest Tips in Contouring:
1. Use the highlight or lighter color on both sides of the nose from the corner of your eye down to the sides of your nose. I start with a cream and then set it with a powder, which allows your makeup to stay longer throughout the day.
2. Darken two thin lines down the sides of your nose. Don't put these lines too far apart or make them too fat. We want the illusion that the bridge of your nose is skinnier.
3. Darken the tip of your nose and don't connect it with the two lines. If you have one big "U", it makes your nose look funny and unnatural (unless the tip of your nose is really wide).
4. Use a perfector sponge to blend the cream (make sure you have soaked the sponge in water and towel-dried it so it works correctly). Use a patting motion rather than wiping.
5. Now do the same steps as you did with a cream to set it with a powder.
6. Blend, blend, and blend.
7. To finish off the look, use a very skinny brush or tip of your finger, and add a shimmery powder or highlighter right down the center of the nose.
Make sure you watch my video to see how I did this look. #maskcarabeauty
Here are the products that I used:
Makeup truly is so amazing and can change your entire look. So don't be scared! If you want more help with color matching or finding the right products, let me know. I would love to help you.
Get out there beautiful and have fun with your makeup!